The entire Stourhead Estate was originally owned by the Hoare Family. Part of the Estate was left to the National Trust in 1946 by Sir Henry Arthur Hoare, who had given Stourton Memorial Hall to the village, as a permanent memorial to his son, Captain “Harry” Hoare and other local men killed in WWI.
The Memorial Hall is for the use of the residents of Stourton for Weddings, Events, Parties, Meetings and Clubs as well as limited commercial activities. It is also available for hire by non-residents and the public.
The Memorial Hall is approximately 21 metres x 5.7 metres and has a fully fitted commercial use kitchen. Toilets are located in the Spread Eagle Courtyard.
For information on civil weddings at Stourhead please contact Graham Puxley 01747 841353 or 07887 452346